Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User log on

• Please log in to reply

computers are run by demons

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there any way on Windows 89se that I can have a log on system where others using my computer don't have access to programs or files I don't want them to when they are loged on under a different name? (e.g. personal information, files I'm working on etc.) I am not networked to any other computers, I just want a my section and their section.

Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Windows XP has this security feature. Windows 98 does not <_<

There may be some third party programs that will allow you to do this, but I don't any well enough to recommend.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
[COLOR=blue] <_< Thanks! I was afraid of that, after I exorcise the rest of the demons from my computer I will consider a Windows xp upgrade if it's cheap enough and can be done on Windows 98. I have a computer with xp on it and love the security features on it.