Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspected Trojan.vundo & others [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
:) Log looks clean to me..

Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
    Please note that the space between x and / is needed

Posted Image

You already have Norton Antivirus (as your antivirus) and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (as your antispyware)

However, I haven't seen any third-party firewall in your logs.. Do you have any? If you don't, please install ONLY ONE of these free and excellent firewall below:
After you install the third party firewall, please disable your Windows firewall. Please go to My Computer >> Control Panel >> Windows Firewall and choose Off (not recommended) option. Then please click Apply and Ok.

Lastly, to keep your operating system up to date please visit the link below monthly

Please read these excellent articles by miekiemoes :
Help! My computer is slow!
How to prevent Malware

And another excellent article by CastleCops Malware Prevention: Prevent Re-infection

Please reply to this thread once more and tell us about the computer behaviour before we can close this thread :)

Have a safe and happy computing day!

Regards
fenzodahl512

Advertisements

SXY S14

SXY S14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Did a round of full scans and came back clean. Everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for your help.

I have a Norton Firewall, and it seemed to work just fine, other than this instance. Do you suggest I install one of the others instead?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Did a round of full scans and came back clean. Everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for your help.

I have a Norton Firewall, and it seemed to work just fine, other than this instance. Do you suggest I install one of the others instead?

Erm.. if you do have Norton Firewall, just stick with it.. Don't need two firewalls in a computer.. :)

Anymore question? :)

SXY S14

SXY S14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Nope, thanks. I give you permission to close the thread. Problems fixed.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.