Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help help guys my computer having blue screen

• Please log in to reply

keeda

keeda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
guys can anyone help me bout this problem...
my computer keep on appear blue screen for quite sometime already...
it appear stop:0x00000050(0xa8911031,0x00000000,0x8052ax74,0x00000000) on the blue screen...
when it recover it writen computer just recover from a serious problem and written this
error signature:
Bccode:10000050
BCP1:A8911031
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:2052AC74
BCP4:00000000
OSVER:5_1_2600
SP:2_0
Product:256-1

when i click detail it will appear
c:\DOCUME~mkhew~\LOCALS~\TEMP\WER8977.dir00\mini080408.04.dmp
c:\DOCUME~mkhew~\LOCALS~\TEMP\WER8977.dir00\sysdata.xml

can anyone help me please

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you recently installed any new hardware or drivers?

woody1191

woody1191

• Pip
  • 3 posts
May I suggest you run Memtest86 and Prime95, 0x50 errors are caused by Defective Memory (L2 Cache, RAM, Video RAM), Incompatible Software including Anti-Virus Programs and some other Hardware may cause this as well.

Instructions For Memtest86
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) after this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.a...isorecorder.htm

Sometimes Prime95 is a good second test for your RAM and can test your CPU so try running this on all 3 tests (Small FFT's, Large FFT's and Blend Test).

Prime95

32bit OS Version - http://files.extreme.../file.php?f=103
64bit OS Version - http://files.extreme.../file.php?f=205

And post back the results after you have ran the tests.

Since I can't see the MiniDumps I can't help with a exact cause but these tests would be usually what I would suggest to do for this error.

Edited by woody1191, 04 August 2008 - 11:49 AM.

keeda

keeda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i didnt install any new software is been like that since i bought it...
then i borrow my friend window xp to install cause i try mine and it pop up blue screen...
but end up is still happen the same things...
everytime i restart it will be ok but this few days it happen occasionally and it is getting serious...
now i cant open window media player if i do it will pop out blue screen again...
my friend suspect my ram got problem then i end up change a new ram but it doesnt make any changes so can anyone help please....
appreciate all the help you guys give and thank you for view and posting....

keeda

keeda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
woody1191
thank for your help but i am a bit noob in computer...
i have download all the things you told me to and i run a few test
Prime95

32bit OS Version
64bit OS Version

but i dont know how to check whether got problem or not although i have run that three test...
and for Memtest86 i have download it and try to burn it with ISO Recorder but i cant find any burner with ISO Recorder.
can i use nero smart essential to burn it?and how to boot the cd?the Memtest86 file that i download is zip file and is rather small is that the file you telling me to use?and is it boot it like we format our computer?
sorry for the trouble i not to good in computer and thank for your help.

woody1191

woody1191

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry just seen your reply, didn't get a Email for when you posted.

Yes you can use Nero to burn the file onto a Disk, that is the correct file just burn that onto the disk and boot off it as I said by just putting the Disk in and turning the Computer back on.

Prime95 will indicate any errors by stopping the test automatically, you should run it for about 15-20 mins per test.