Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Local Disc disappeared from my computer

• Please log in to reply

GG-help

GG-help

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After spyware desktop highjacker,Local Disc disappeared from my computer, how can I put them back ? :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
HI GG-help...welcome to G2G... :)
We may be able to help if you can give us a COMPLETE description of what has happened ...

GG-help

GG-help

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello and thank you,

Well, after uninstalling NOD32 and SuperANTISpyware ,my laptop Acer travelmate 4060 began after required restart to be full of spyware and virus,the desktop changed with a huge ''YOU are infected'' backround and download antispywarevista 2008 pop-up all the time,so I instaled a better version of NOD32 ,SuperantiSpyware and Spyware Doctor and most of them where deleted .But in My Computer Local Disk C and LOcal Disk D dissapered, they still exist if I Start run cmd,but how do I put them back in My Computer ?a simple copy paste doesn't work. Please help me if you can.

Edited by GG-help, 05 August 2008 - 06:05 AM.

GG-help

GG-help

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Now I see that the virus disabled my registry and task manager to. YOUR REGEDIT WAS DISABLED BY ADMINISTRATOR.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you need to go to the malware forum...start here...if your still having problems after those steps...post a hijackthis log here...