Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.exe keeps closing after start up ..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

-Nobody

-Nobody

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I am new here in Geektogo but I always read guides here whenever I try to fix a pc ...

I am now lost due to this new problem I have ..

After I boot up my P.C and the problem just started today Explorer.exe just keeps on closing leaving me with just the wallpaper and the mouse pointer, I can open the task manager with Ctrl+Alt+Del but it also have some problems cause it does not show any tabs to select so I cant see what processes are running ... I can re open Explorer.exe but for like 10-15 secs then it closes again ...

I tried to download a HiJackThis program since I still dont have one but I can't after I click the save file on the Download Hijackthis nothing happens ...

I did a full scan on my P.C using NOD32 and it found and deleted this virus ...

C:\Program Files\Antivirus2008\Antvrs.exe - Win32/Adware.Antivirus2008 application - deleted

P.S: The computer I am fixing is from a computer shop so I dont have any knowledge on what type of files have been recently downloaded here ...

MORE POWER !!!

Advertisements

-Nobody

-Nobody

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Still no reply ..?

come one guys plz help me out ...

any advice will be appreciated a lot ... :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
We aren't here to fix PCs you are paid to fix in a computer shop

I suggest you fix them yourself since you are being paid for it

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Read the Sticky Thread and post the required logs

If this isn't your actual PC and you are getting paid to fix it, that is against the rules here. It is unfair on us if that is the case as we get hundreds of people asking for help.

However if you say it isn't, then I will trust you.