Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

virtumonde - I can't get rid of it! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

iamreavis

iamreavis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Mike, thanks again for the help! Things seem to be running smoothly so far... if not I'm sure you'll be hearing from me!

To answer your question, I did not set any policies on this computer. Perhaps the sysadmin did? What does the policy do?

I use Firefox at home, and I downloaded it during this crisis here at work and it had very few problems compared to IE, just like you said. Still a few weird ads where the .gif didn't quite fit the frame, stuff like that.

THANK YOU!!!

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Glad to hear its fine :)

The policy makes it so you don't see the welcome screen, in the future I have to warn you that if you have an IT department we cannot provide you with help as it is against our Terms of use. They need to know if their network has been compromised.

Anyways, Take care and have a great day still!

Mike :)

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.