Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

restricting internet access

• Please log in to reply

melissa5885

melissa5885

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For the network at my work I need to set up the internet on each of the computers so that the users can only access about ten different websites. I have been troubleshooting and searching on the topic, but I have only had luck finding out how to block certain sites. I want to block the entire internet except about ten sites. I also have to do this per computer versus for the entire network because some computers need access to sites that others do not. We are on many different operating systems, win98, 2000 and xp. Any suggestions?
Melissa

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey melissa and welcome to the site!

was reading about this and it does allow access to certain sites. Howevevr it is not free

http://www.cybersitter.com

good luck

ditto