Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsigned drivers giving a lot of problems

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I am having a major problem with ialmrnt.sys and ALCXWDM.sys being shown as unsigned drivers on the dxDiag screen. the system reboots itself or gives me bsod error codes as follows
0x0000007a
0x0000000a
0x000000C4

and some others which I do not remember. But it happens most of the times when I am playing a game. Otherwise it does not give a bsod the screen simply goes blank although the light on my usb hub still glows there is no display. I have to switch it off and start again.

Please tell me what to do :) . The motherboard I have unfortunately does not even have a site. I have been fooled into buying this mora motherboard which is giving me so many problems. Please tell me what to do so I can play games and enjoy my time with my work as well without interference. By the way I brought a new SMPS/PSU which 450 watts so I guess you can eliminate the question of less power supply and more usage.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
prasharry2k5,
That would be for your realtek Audio Driver.

You can download drivers for the AC 97 at the following url. http://www.realtek.c...p;GetDown=false

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I used driver cleaner to clean all traces of realtek and downloaded and installed the latest drivers. The problem seemed to go off for a while but it has not. Although the bsod does not appear as frequently as before but it does after half an hour or so off a gentle game like diablo 2. I was testing my pc with the game. Also now a new problem has surfaced ialmdnt5.sys, ialmrnt5.sys.
I dxdiag the problem of the realtek drivers being unsigned was solved after I did a clean install of the drivers. Now dxdiag shows the following error under the display tab

The file ialmrnt5.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Even though I have updated drivers for my intel chipset. Mora motherboard have no support whatsoever regarding drivers and troubleshooting.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The fact that a driver is not signed by Microsoft is quite meaningless. A lot of the drivers that we use are not signed.

The problems that you have can be the result of corrupted files or damaged hardware. We can't say at this stage.

1: Download and run memtest86 at least for half an hour (a link in my list below). Report if there are any errors.

2: Download Everest (a link below). Install and run it on Computer > Sensor. Keep the program minimized and run a game for about 10 minutes. Maximize Everest and report temperatures of the CPU, motherboard and HD.

3: Go to Event Viewer in Control Panel > Administrative tools. Click each of the categories on the left side and report if there are any red-marked (only red) errors that are time related to the BSOD.

You mentioned lots of problems with the motherboard. What problems?

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I am putting the red marked errors from my event viewer which took place at the same times as the bsod or crashing.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 8/14/2008
Time: 7:44:42 PM
User: N/A
Computer: D3A649C14AB3443
Description:
The System service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the System service to connect.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Also my pc restarts on its own accord during windows update.

Can you please advice me on how to run memtest using a flash drive or pen drive.

Edited by prasharry2k5, 16 August 2008 - 03:37 PM.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
It took me a lot of time to get my internet back to working status that is why this delay. Please do not close this thread and I am posting the required sensor report you requested.
I installed a demo of Rise of Nations just to make sure that the problem is not only with Diablo 2. But now instead of the bluescreen the system restarts on it own. When it restarts the monitor. But after this restart the LED near the on buttoin of the monitor keeps on flickering and while the CPU is on there is no display. I have to press the shut down button and wait for some time then only it starts and the display is back.
Also I keep getting mouse clicking noices and strange windows popup message noices sometimes. Like right now when I am typing this is going on. Tell me what to do

Note : - I had the Braviax virus recently and I removed it but I still think there are some problems. I am using F-Secure evaluation version. Also whenever I try to run tools like vundoofix and all the system restarts.

Attached Files

Edited by prasharry2k5, 31 August 2008 - 02:16 AM.