Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Everytime I use VOIP, internet connection is lost

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I am using a wireless modem/router and no other device for VOIP. I am also using voipraider and lowratevoip as my VOIP providers. Up until a month ago, everything was fine but now everytime I dialpad with VOIP, internet connection drops in 20 seconds. So, I have to reboot the system.

ATT technical support tried to help but coould not find anything on their end but commented that; it is probably I downloaded a Microsoft patch or update which conflicts with VOIP system.

And that is true, I allowed automatic updates from MS all the time and I remember couple of patched in the last 2 months.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think it's not the VoIP but your internet connection. It must be quite slow it cannot handle the connection the VoIP requires. How bout switching into a new VoIP to check if it's really the current VoIP has the problem? I use phone.com and everything's working well on my end.