Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Tab Issue

• Please log in to reply

kikiera

kikiera

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
My IE7 will open the first tab and I can browse regularly there but when I attempt to open a new tab it just continuously says connecting although it never connects. I can't even switch to the new tab. So of course I try to open a nother new tab. The same thing happens. Went through the settings for the tabs nothings seems abnormal to me. This seems to be the only thing that is weird on my PC at this time. Everything else is working fine. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kikiera :)

Advertisements

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Does the same thing happen when running IE7 with no add-ons? To do that go to:
Start->All programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

If the issue is fixed by this change then try to disable the Windows Live Add-on:

Launch Internet Explorer->click on Tools->Manage Add-ons- Enable or disable add-ons-> highlight the Windows Live add-on and select disable.

If those steps don't work for you Reset Internet Explorer 7:

Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Reset

One of those should fix your problem, good luck!
:)