Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hard Drive Problem ( 320gb WD 2.5" sata hdd

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, bought this brand new hard drive (listed above), and i think it is faulty. ok the primary reason that i obught it ,was to put it into my ps3 for more storage space. it powered up, (had a ticking noise), and the ps3 wouldnt read it, my computer when connected to it, it would read it, sometimes, and i even put a couple movies onto it. but it wont read it any more, nor will my ps3 ever touch it. ummm is there any way this hard drive can be fixed? also i know its not my ps3, as i jsut obught the exact same hard drive, n it worked in my ps3 perfectly, so i think the problem lies within the hard drive itself. what can i do, many thanks!

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

I suggest there is two things you ought to do:

1. Go to WD's website & download the appropriate diagnostic software (Datalife guard or whatever it is they recommend for that drive). Run the software & see it finds any problems & whether it fixes them.

2. If that doesn't fix the drive, then return it under warranty. This will either be to the reseller or to WD themselves. You'll probably need to check with the reseller to find out which.