Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need laptop for back to school

• Please log in to reply

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I think I'll go with the HP Pavilion ones. Those offer quite a bit of things like webcam, card reader and hdmi. Processor's not as good as the other ones but this one also has 4gb of RAM and 320GB hard drive space. It also has dedicated graphics card just in case you want to play a bit of games.

For eSATA, read it here, I've never actually used it though.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It seems he has spammed a lot of staff members with the same PM

Enjoy your weekend away from the forums

If you do it again you will be banned and your topic will be closed.

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
We have a Waiting Room section in the forum, if your thread haven't had any replies for 3 days then you should post it there instead of PMing people.

Edited by kamille316, 08 August 2008 - 02:24 PM.

Ttech

Ttech

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Below is a link that should interest you, it has many brands and good prices. You should take a look at it. Hope that it helps with your decision.

http://www.notebookreview.com/deals/

Good Luck,
Ttech

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
With computers a lot of the time it just depends on personal preference.

I can tell you probably my next system is going to be a Dell Vostro. They are pretty solid systems and get a high level of support from Dell due to they are business class systems.

Might want to check out Dell's outlet see what they got if you are looking for a dell.
http://www.dell.com/outlet

Contrary to popular belief refurbished systems do rather well. And any PC manufacture has some people who do not like them that much If I did not buy from a computer manufacture that I have had a problem with in the past I would not own a computer.

Edited by tuxmaster, 12 August 2008 - 04:35 AM.

noob4lyfe123

noob4lyfe123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
well,if I'm going to be spending around $1200 then I kind of dident want a used laptop. And a member in a previous post gave coupon codes that make the dell xps series worth buying. But my intrests are in ASus and toshiba so far. But if you would liketo recomend any other alternative I'm all ears. By the way, what are your comments on the list ihave setup. Would you recomend or add any laptop to the list?

Edited by noob4lyfe123, 12 August 2008 - 08:03 AM.