Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't receive pop3 emails

• Please log in to reply

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
For some time now, I haven't been able to receive any pop3 email using any client. . I can receive emails using IMAP. I have Windows Vista. I use Outlook 2007 as my primary email, but I tested with Thunderbird and Windows Mail. None of them receive pop3 email. I always get the following error message:

Task '[email protected] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: .'

I use the following other programs that may or may not be interfering with the email.
PCTools Registry Mechanic
Norton Internet Security
PCTools Spyware Doctor

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What is your POP3 server address? "[email protected]" doesn't look like a valid email address or sign-in ID either.

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
doesn't matter.

you could insert [email protected] if you wanted. I didn't feel like putting up my real account information where a bot could sniff it and send me spam. So a changed it. Any pop3 servers I have accounts at have the problem. Comcast is one of the places I have an account with.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If all POP3 servers have the same issue then the problem is usually caused by firewall software on the computer. Tried disabling it?
Realistically if you have Norton Internet Security you don't need Spyware Doctor.