Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not right click to copy an article on a webpage

• Please log in to reply

brian87

brian87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Some web pages allow me to right click the mouse and a pop-up menu comes up (save picture as, copy ....)
Some web pages do not allow me to right click the mouse, so there is no pop-up menu.(right click the mouse, nothing happens). I would like to copy the message/document from these restricted web pages. But do not know how.
Please help me to find some way to get around it. When I was in a forum, I had the same problem. I could not quote any message in my reply. There is no quote option either (the other forums have Edit, Quote options. I only click on it, then the message automatically shown in my reply)

Your help is appreciated very much!
I am looking forward to your reply ASAP.
Thanks
Brian

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
On those sites that have the so-called right-click protection, disable JavaScript in your browser and thoroughly refresh the page or clear the browser's cache and refresh to be sure.

Reset JS when done.

Ron