Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WORD2003 Open files

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Using WORD2003 on an XP pc when I click File\Open I get a screen listing four of my most recent saves. Two questions:

How can I increase the number of files shown, say to nine?
Is there a way I can make the listing show, in addition to thes file name, where each document is filed, for example, in C:\ or in MyDocuments?

Do the same fixes work for WORD97 on a W98 pc?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
When you click the "File" menu - you should see a list of the Most Recent Used files at the bottom, along with their path. The path may be truncated due to physical width constraints on the file menu.
This list can contain up to 9 files, you can set it by clicking on:

Tools > Options > General Tab

Make sure the entry under Recently used file list is checked, and you can set the number there.

This will appear BEFORE you click the "open" option from the Main Menu

Once you've clicked "open", you get a screen showing all the documents stored under their default location, as specified in:

Tools > Options > File Locations.

Click the modify button to access and, er, modify the defualt paths.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Jonesey: Great. Thanks.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
You're welcome.