Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Writable CD Rom Showing But Saying I Need To Connect One When I Try To

• Please log in to reply

mpkeith

mpkeith

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a re-writable cd drive, which shows up on my computer as drive e: and light's blink on it when I put a cd in and close it, but when try to burn music to it, the player I'm using says I need to connect a burner and restart the player. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks.

Edited by mpkeith, 06 August 2008 - 01:51 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well is windows seeing it as a cdrom or cdrw? if it is calling it a cdrom then that could be your problem... it's also possible that the program you are using doesn't recognize that brand of cdrw and therefore wont' burn to it....

mpkeith

mpkeith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes, it is a Samsung CDR/RW that came stock on my compaq desktop. I'm using windows media player to burn, and this drive is recognized.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
do you have any other burning software? media player is rather limited.... Also has this ever worked? and from your error message it sounds like media player DOESN"T see ot as a burner... It's possible that it's bad media as well I've had strange errors when using poor media...

mpkeith

mpkeith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm not sure if it's worked before. I've had the computer for a couple years but I don't remember if I've ever even tried burning on it before. As far as the media, I didn't make a playlist when I clicked burn... I just clicked the burn button and that's when I was told to connect a burner. I was gonna create a playlist after. And no, I don't have any other burning software. I'd really rather not download any other media players as they're usually large and my comp is pretty stuffed already. Is there maybe a smaller sized "burner" i could download that you know of that I can try?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well you could try here:
http://cdburnerxp.se/

or here:
http://vidmar.net/we...g-software.aspx

or you could go with one of the big ones... either nero burning rom or easy media creator both of which you'd have to buy.

as far as media I meant maybe the disc you were using was bad...

some burners are more friendier with certain brands...

mpkeith

mpkeith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'll give it a shot... thanks!