Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME + Auslogics Visual Styler

• Please log in to reply

Windows 95

Windows 95

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Well, I wanted to download the Visual Styler from Auslogics. When I try to install it, it says I need Windows NT 5.0 (bunch of numbers). It says it works with Win ME/98. So why isn't it working?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Good question. It certainly does say it works with 98 or ME and Windows 5.0 is XP. Did you download the file to a folder or your Desktop? That's usually the best way to install. Also, the site may need to detect your operating system and modify the download to suit it. So if you downloaded on an XP machine and tried to run it on a 98 machine it might not work. Also sometimes software makers install a temporary key code on the machine during the download and the key will give errors if you try to run the installation .exe on another machine.

Edited by Tyger, 06 August 2008 - 10:11 PM.

Windows 95

Windows 95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I download it stright from the Internet to my computer. It still gives me that error. Ill try to email them. Thanks for the help. I got a reply, and it says it was an error for having 98*Windows 95 on there.

Edited by Windows 95, 07 August 2008 - 08:47 AM.