Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Make printer wireless: what do I need?

• Please log in to reply

multimediator

multimediator

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Greetings, I have an Epson CX6000 all-in-one printer. I would like to configure it so I can print to it wirelessly from my laptop. My laptop already supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity (I use a Bluetooth headset and have a wireless router for my Internet service).

Ideally, I would like to have a small component that I plug directly into the printer and does not require an external power adapter. I'm thinking a Wi-Fi connection would be preferable to Bluetooth since it has a bigger range and my printer is in a completely separate room. But I'd use Bluetooth if it's my only option. Unfortunately, Web searches on this topic have not been very informative.

Here are the options that look like they may work:

* HP Q6274A Wireless Printer Adapter - 802.11b/g: The Wi-Fi USB dongle option

* HP 802.11g Wireless Printer Card: The Wi-Fi CompactFlash card option

* HP bt500 Bluetooth USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter: The Bluetooth USB dongle option

Can anyone advise? Many thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP