Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows and Mac use same Systems Software?

• Please log in to reply

lysbliss

lysbliss

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Didnt know where to post this , so i thought here. Does Windows and Mac-OS operating systems use the same systems software?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Macs use their own operating system, Windows is its own operating system. They're not interchangeable.
You can share files between the two operating systems, yes, if that's what you meant.

lysbliss

lysbliss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well no, this wasn't the answer I was looking for, I know both Mac and Windows are seperate Operating Systems and files are interchangeable, I was meaning Systems Software (as in debugging, file management tools, utilities etc..), does the Mac-Os and Windows use the same software?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you're still not making sense..

are you asking whether you can run programs designed for windows on a mac and vice versa? if that's what you're asking then no