Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enable Browsers in Java

• Please log in to reply

cuff

cuff

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
:) I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic.
When I go into my Java (current version) console and try to check enable for explorer and netscape, I get an error msg saying "unable to change browser settings...please check if you have sufficient permissions to change system systems. I only have one account on my computer and it's administrator. I do get those windows alerts asking me to continuel etc....
I turned off the user account control, rebooted and was able to enable via Java control panel the default Java for both browsers. Ok, cool I thought. I turned on the UAC function, rebooted and nada. The check marks are gone.
If I leave the UAC off, when I go into sites like Pogo, the Java console loads and all is well. UAC on and zip.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter and if so, please let me know.

Regards
Ernest

Advertisements