Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista says i have 2 monitors but i have 1

• Please log in to reply

chezz111

chezz111

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just bought a new computer but when i go to the Display Properties it says i have 2 Monitors

One says "1. (Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS" and "2. Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS"

Ive Installed the drivers for the Monitor and the screen works fine but the mouse goes off the right side of the screen and to use anything like the Slideshow i have to turn off the "Extend onto this Monitor" for the 2nd Monitor. But to play any games or anything Full Screen i have to Extend to the 2nd Monitor to get them to work. I think that this is causing the lag im getting in games that should run smooth on this PC.

Thanks in advance for any help

Advertisements