Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Driver Issue! Help PLZ!

• Please log in to reply

kevpark871

kevpark871

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I just downgraded my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ130E from Vista Home Premium to Windows XP Professional just last night. I got almost everything to work except the sound. I am guessing the sound is the Conexent HD Audio Driver... though still not sure whether it is still... but in any case, I can't get the sound to work... even installing numerous suond drivers including RealTek and Conexent. On the positive side though, Windows XP is detecting the sound card though by displaying the "Found New Hardware" dialog box of "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus."

Is there anyway I could get the sound to work? And also, is there anyway to get Sony's Notebook Utilities for XP for my model? If you, can you help me out? Appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

lol... funny thing is though that Vista crashed on me when writing my music term paper and now the audio driver isn't working... what a coincidence. lol.....

-Kevin Park

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres a Dell driver that is supposed to work for XP and Vista.
The Sony support says you have the sigmatel audio and not Conexent.

http://esupport.sony...l...66&os_id=28

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC driver

Developer: SigmaTel
Version: 6.13.7
Filename: SigmaTel_R147073.EXE
Size: 17.10 Mb
OS: Windows XP,Windows 98,Windows NT SP1,Windows 95,Windows ME,Windows 2000 SP4,Windows Vista,Windows NT,DOS,Windows 98 SE,Windows NT SP4,Windows 2000 SP3,Windows 2000 SP2,Windows NT SP2,Windows NT SP3,Windows 2000 SP1
License: freeware

The above is the only sound drivers i can find.

http://esupport.sony.......Z130E&LOC=3

SRX660