Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can i use a 3rd party search in linux?

• Please log in to reply

Redd79

Redd79

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Some files on my hard drive (OS - WinXP) got corrupted today and now i can no longer boot into windows. I'm using a Linux cd to try and save my files before i format. I'm able to see my files and i transferred them successfully on a USB stick. But i can't get my *.dbx files (outlook express) I tried to use the find folders option but it says my drive cannot be mounted. I looked in Application data and Local settings but i only find Pst files. Any other way that i can search for DBX files?

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
If you are using Linux, you can use the find command. The basic format would be:

find STARTDIR -name \*.dbx -print

where STARTDIR is where your disk is mounted.

If you can see the files, I would assume that the disk is mounted, so I am not sure of why you said that something is saying that the drive can not be mounted.