Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Limited internet connection - Norton?

• Please log in to reply

paulkzoo

paulkzoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently purchased a new laptop. I had no problems for the first month. Then my Norton Security trial (pre-installed) ran out and I attempted to download the Norton 360 upgrade. I used it for a few days and was never able to fix all of the issues it said I had. (Basically it said the program settings were incorrect and clicking the "Fix" button would fix the problems, but it never did.) After working with tech support for 4 hours to no avail I decided to get a refund and uninstall Norton 360. It didn't seem like the uninstall was clean and there appear to remnants of Norton. It still shows up in the Start menu and Programs and Features but I am unable to further uninstall.

I purchased CA Internet Security Suite and attempted to install. It would not let me install and gave me the error message that it could not be installed on my operating system. I'm running Windows Vista which according to the box should work. Following this I did a system restore to go back to before I did the Norton 360 upgrade. Now the only app that I can connect to the internet with is IE. Firefox, Opera, iTunes, Real Player, etc. all do not work. I have tried adjusting Windows Firewall (adding other programs to the exceptions list) and turning it off completely, but that doesn't fix anything. Is there anything from Norton that could be left on my computer that is keeping me from accessing the internet?

I have tried other laptops on the same wireless network as the problem laptop is on and they don't have the same issue.

Edited by paulkzoo, 08 August 2008 - 08:41 PM.

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Try running the Norton Removal Tool. Just click the version that is on you system and follow the removal steps.

http://service1.syma...005033108162039