Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Ram Issue now Pc wont start up

• Please log in to reply

MrPyro

MrPyro

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I had a 256 mb stick which was installed by factory PC was running slow so I popped in a 1 GB along side. PC ran for some months just a little faster. I checked the sticks thinking that maybe it would run faster without the 256. When I put it in and tried to reboot PC powered up but does not come on. Please Help what did I do? How can I fix it?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Well to start, take the 1gb out and put the 256 back in and try it. Second, go to the maker's site and see what combinations of ram are allowed, And report you hardware specifications here if you need any more help.

MrPyro

MrPyro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I tried just putting in the 256 that doesnt work. they were in there together for a while withou a problem. I tried put in just 1 stick the 256 or 1gb that doesnt work could i have fried the sticks somehow? or worse broken the motherboard?

MrPyro

MrPyro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Still wont start. Should I try and buy a new stick of Ram?