Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferring Files!

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Here's the deal.

I just bought a 1TB Western Digital External HD (MyBook) and am trying to transfer files from one of the Drives on my PC to the WD 1TB. I am getting an "error" with some of the files when I try to do this, (whether drag and drop/copy and paste/cut and paste).

The error I get is this

The file 'A Bridge Too Far' is too large for destination file system

A Bridge Too Far
Type: BIN File
Size: 4.35 GB
Date modified 12/28/2006 11:35PM

I have at least 900 GB still free on my 1TB WD .... so why am I getting this error? Anyone know?

dog

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How is the drive formatted? If it's FAT32, the maximum size of any file is limited to 4Gb.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Well, that makes sense .... THAT never occurred to me. My 2 Internal Hard Drives (one of which contains the file in question) are both NTFS while the 2 External HDs I have are both FAT32. I guess THAT file will just have to stay where it is.

Thanks a Lot!

Geeks to Go is by far the best place to go for help!

dog