Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

:help: Strange wireless problem

• Please log in to reply

ZinZun

ZinZun

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Geeks,

For the last 2 days I'm trying to identify and solve a very strange wireless problem with my Vista station but till now, nothing works,
I have 3 computers, 1 with Ubuntu, 1 with XP and the latest one with Vista Ultimate 32 bit, all of them are connected to the same wireless router.
Both the Ubuntu and XP are fine and this problem is only with my Vista station.

Since the moment the station joins the wireless network, exactly every 1 minute, packets seems to drop and there is a networking interference, now when browsing this is unnoticed, but when streaming or using VOIP applications, every exact minute (on the second) there is a delay problem (I've attached a print screen of the network monitor in task manager, showing this behaviour while only using Skype Out call, also attached a continues ping to yahoo.com, showing the same problem).

For the last 2 days, Iv'e replaced the wireless adapter with a different one, Iv'e even replaced router with a new one but with no luck - the problem won't go away, I really think that something wrong with my Vista (or something in the background causing that but I can't identify it) - and I really do not want' to format the station and install XP.
The 2 different wireless adapters: Conceptronic USB adapter C54RU and Ralink RT61 Turbo.
The 2 different wireless access point ADSL routers: Conceptronic C54APRA and SMC Networks SMC7904WBRA-N

Again,
The problem is only with the Vista machine, the conceptronic USB adapter works fine with both routers when connected to a different workstation (XP for example).

1 important thing - when I'm connecting the Vista to the router using a cable from my NIC, the problem doesn't exist and everything works fine.

This computer is 2 weeks old, no crap installed on it and is has Kaspersky internet security since day 1 and all the latest Microsoft patches are installed so I doubt this is a worm or something.
Maybe someone if familiar with this problem or has a better idea how to further investigate and assist me - thanks guys.

Zin.

Attached Thumbnails

• Skype_Monitor.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  Ping.txt   21.46KB   187 downloads

Edited by ZinZun, 10 August 2008 - 08:21 AM.

Advertisements