Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2-column WORD2003 document

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Can someone please tell me how to create a WORD2003 document with two columns, with text and tables in each colum? Thanks.

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Try clicking the toolbar icon that looks like two sets of parallel lines. From this, you can drag across columns to select how many columns you want.
Or, in the menu, select Format > Columns > and select the number of columns you want.

You then type, create tables, etc. in each column just as you would normally in an ordinary document.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Vino Rosso: Thanks for your response. When I click Format\Coluns and select three columns I see a preview of a 3 column page OK. But how do I navigate between columns? I can't get out of column1. What am I missing?

Thanks for your hand-holding.

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Hi

When you type things in column 1, Word will continue to fill column 1 until it is full. The cursor will then move to column 2. Once column 2 is full, it'll move to column 3.

If you are part way down column 1 and want to move to column 2 before column 1 is full, click Insert > Break > Column Break > OK. The cursor will move to the next column.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Yes, now I see. Thanks much.

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
You're welcome :)