Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Facebook and picture_dl.exe

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I scanned it several times with local and online scanners and it showed up clean. My computer seems to be running fine and I did a system scan and everything was OK... I'm still unsure... how can I be sure?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
This is unclear! What are you asking?

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
There is a link on being sent through 'friends' on Facebook that downloads picture_dl.exe on your system. I researched and it said that that file is Malware. I scanned the file and my system several times and nothing came up. Can I be sure that I am not infected? (yes I did stupidly run the file)

Edited by interpolarity, 10 August 2008 - 01:49 PM.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello interpolarity and welcome to geeks to go.

If you are unsure I reccomend for you to goto our Malware Removal Forum, please read this post here and then post your problem here
We are unable to help with Malware Removal in this forum, please post your problem there and the experts will be more than happy to help you.

Regards

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I'm not asking for malware removal. I am asking how I can be sure whether or not I have been infected. Can I trust my virus/spyware scanners? I used SpyBot, ClaimWin, and SuperAntiSpyware