Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! windows xp service pack 3 system crash

• Please log in to reply

helpless_and_stranded

helpless_and_stranded

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i recently installed windows xp service pack 3 on my toshiba laptop. When i restarted my laptop it will not boot up i cant even enter safe mode. I have a ton of buisness and stock info on there that i cannot replace, and I need it despritely. If any of you know how to fix my problem plese tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Do you have your windows XP CD? If you do, I want you to put it in and turn on your computer. When you are given the message press any key to boot from cd..., press a key and Windows Setup will start. At the first screen where you have to enter input, hit R to enter the Recovery Console. Then you will have to hit 1 to log into your windows installation and then just hit Enter for the Administrator password because it is normally blank unless you changed it. Once you are at the command prompt C:\WINDOWS I want you to type fixmbr.
This should repair your master boot record, and fix your problem.

Toshiba Response Team

Toshiba Response Team

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think hfcg pretty much covered it, however, if you need further assistance you might consider checking out the Answers from Laptop Experts site sponsored by Toshiba. The laptop experts on there should be able to help you out with your Toshiba. laptopexperts.net

Good Luck!

-Toshiba Response Team