Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard causing restart - Please help!

• Please log in to reply

harveyj176

harveyj176

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Hi, i've had a problem with my computer about when i shutdown the comp via start>shutdown etc, the computer shutsdown then after a couple of seconds it restarts again. Took all the peripferals out and found its the keyboard causing the problem. its a 'Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000' with a USB connection. Problem only started about 4 months ago and have never had this problem before then.

Did some research and saw that there is something in the registry that causes the computer to start if there is any activity with that relating peripheral. But i dunno about that sort of thing so i didnt wanna muck about with it.

Any help with be greatly appreciated :)

Harveyj176
(James)

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Check the Device Manager for errors or bluescreens. Try reinstalling the drivers and software for the keyboard after uninstalling from the Device Manager.

(sorry about the short post - you're a techie so you should know what I'm talking about. :) )

Edited by The Admiral, 11 August 2008 - 09:20 AM.

harveyj176

harveyj176

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Hey Admiral, thanks for the suggestion. It seems to have gone back to normal (for now). I'll keep my eyes on it though because it seemed Ok a while ago, for a couple of days, so it may still be something else.

Thanks for the help :)

Harveyj176