Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Frustrations

• Please log in to reply

wangsrramedeous

wangsrramedeous

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all. I'm currently running on Windows Vista (Home Premium) and I connect to the internet via a wireless connection.

I'm using a Dlink WDA 2320 adapter (latest drivers) and the router is a 2701HG-G Gateway (standard issue by Bell Canada). My connection shows up on the wireless list, name is up there, signal strength is great. Its a WEP encryption (yes I know) but whenever I try to connect to it I get the following message: This network is marked as a "hidden" network.

How is that so? I have the SSID and the password. The actual SSID is showing up on the list of possible wireless connections available. I have checked connect even if network is not broadcasting and still no results.

As far as I know, the SSID is NOT hidden as to router settings. The network shows up on the list of available networks and is named correctly. No other network with the title "Unamed Network" is on the list.

I'm assuming my adapter isn't faulty, under devices says its working correctly. I have powercycled the router too. I formated my computer and downgraded to XP, no good. Back on Vista, same deal.

Also for full disclosure I have connected to this same wireless connection before without problems.

Advertisements