Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

Yiyo

Yiyo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Glad I found you guys before I made an investment of more money. A few years ago I built a PC following instructions downloaded from website. Components are following: Antec Plus660AMG with 330 watts power supply case, AMD athlon XP 2500X Barton 333 FSB chip, Thermaltake volcano9 cooler, Abit NF7-S motherboard, Crucial 256MB PC2700 DDR 333, Predator MX4000 Plus video card. So far I've used it for simple web browsing and emailing. I'm beggining to get into games and would like to add a couple of games: grandprix racing and some kind of airplane flying game. Can I add these games simply with the system I have or do I need to upgrade? Second, can I use some of the hardware I have in the upgrade. I want to get enough power for what I'm going to do. Thanks for the help.

Yiyo

Advertisements

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
It looks like you MIGHT need to upgrade your system, but there it doesn't look like there is enough information to tell. To start off, you need to find the specific games that you want to play. Not every game of the same type requires the same system specs. So once you find a couple of specific games, then we can look at what their minimum spec requirements are. From there, we should be able to find out what you might need to upgrade.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Can you post some specifics about the games?

Yiyo

Yiyo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks jt/gran. I'll buy games and get back.

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You don't actually need to buy the games just yet if you don't want to. Just knowing the names of what games you will want to play should be sufficient.