Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

grand theft auto grapics

• Please log in to reply

zralward

zralward

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hmm i just got a new video card for my PC but when i play GTA my setting are stuck on low i try putting them up to high but they dont chnage at all i also try restoring defaults on GTA but it still didnt work do you guys know what the problem is?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what video card did you get? What did you have before? Are you willing to uninstall and reinstall the game?

zralward

zralward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I previously had a Geforce 6800 witch just blew up and now I have a ATI radeon 2600 pro.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure you uninstalled the nvidia drivers/software and the install the latest drivers from ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
which gta are we talking about?

zralward

zralward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
im talking about GTA:san andreas but i already uninstalled the NVIDA drives but since I bought the AGP version of the card i cant find any driver updates for it =/

zralward

zralward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
help?

zralward

zralward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
is anyone going to help me?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

im talking about GTA:san andreas but i already uninstalled the NVIDA drives but since I bought the AGP version of the card i cant find any driver updates for it =/

Hi there,

So you previously had an Nvidia graphics card, you uninstalled it and installed an ATI card. How exactly did you do this? i.e. when did you remove old card, when did you uninstall old software, when did you install new card, when did you install new software? Please give the exact order.

Doing some research on the 2600 Pro AGP version, it seems like there's quite a few problems people are having with this card.

Have a look at some of these results, and follow through some of them to see if they help.

Cheers

Troy

zralward

zralward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
hmm ya i think that my card is having problems loading stuff casue also when i play COD4 i keep timing out when joining a server(this never happened with my old card)

ok well i first place the ATI card in the computer then started up my comp then i unistalled the nvida drivers and installed ATI drivers.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay, try this:

Uninstall the original card (all drivers should then be removed with it) by right-clicking My Computer, select Manage, select Disk Management.

Open the [+] next to Display Adapters. Your graphics card should be listed here. Right-click it and select uninstall, then reboot.

Install the drivers again after a reboot.

Let me know if that changes anything.

Troy