Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't decide on a mother board

• Please log in to reply

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
this is the cpu im looking at

AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819103249 (if i have to i will go with intel, i only used amd so i dont know how good intel is)

Im not really good at knowing what is or makes a good mobo. could you please recommend some to me, preferably from newegg.com. I will use comp mainly for gaming.
Dont really have a price limit in mind . i already have a good monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard. So all i really need it mobo, cpu, ram, hdd, and a few other things.

I know i dont have the money now, saving up for it and this list prob will change, i just want to have a feel on how much i will need to make this build, im trying to make it toward the higher end pc so i wont have to upgrade it again anytime soon. Oh and dont worry i wont buy any parts until i have all the money, then i will get it all at once.

thanks for your help.

Edited by charge06, 11 August 2008 - 11:10 PM.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

(if i have to i will go with intel, i only used amd so i dont know how good intel is)

This is analogous to saying, "I've only used a bicycle, so I don't know how fast a car is." Intel CPUs currently dominate AMDs CPUs in the area of performance, so we highly recommend them for a gaming build.

Also, when will you actually be doing this build? If you won't have the money for several months, it will be pointless for us to help you now as computer hardware changes very quickly. If this is the case, please come back to us closer to when you will be doing your build.