Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with DivX Web Player

• Please log in to reply

G BLAZE

G BLAZE

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have a problem with with DivX Web Player, it crashes when i try to play a video. i disabled all my addons and still crashes, i installed the latest version and still crashes my firefox and my other browsers, i installed an older version and still crashes. can anyone please help me? thank you

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
try vlc from videolan.org. It should be able to play divx files with no problems.

G BLAZE

G BLAZE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

try vlc from videolan.org. It should be able to play divx files with no problems.

well i can still play divx files that i downloaded into my hard drive, but my problem is watching divx videos from Divx Web Player. It always crashes my browsers.

Anybody else has an idea??

Thanks starjax.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
oh I have plenty more ideas:

here is the latest version: http://labs.divx.com/node/248

however, that may not resolve the issue. I guess it really depends on what version of divx web player your running.

Found some excellent step by step instructions that seem to resolve the issue for many:
http://kundaistreet....ng-firefox.html

they do include some instructions on editing your registry.

The steps that I am about to suggest involve modifying the registry. Modifying the registry can be dangerous so we will make a backup of the registry first.
Modification of the registry can be EXTREMELY dangerous if you do not know exactly what you are doing so follow the steps that are listed below EXACTLY. if you cannot preform some of these steps or if you have ANY questions please ask BEFORE proceeding.

Backing Up Your Registry
  • Go Here and download ERUNT

I've looked over the instructions (see above link) and they look ok. IF you have any questions, please let me know.
    (ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
  • Install ERUNT by following the prompts
    (use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
  • Start ERUNT
    (either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
  • Choose a location for the backup
    (the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
  • Press OK
  • Press YES to create the folder.
Registry Modifications