Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CounterStrike:Soure Problem HELP NEEDED!

• Please log in to reply

technolackey

technolackey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
been having a HUGE problem with DATACACHE.DLL crashing HL2.exe...

only on some servers, all crash fixes suggested on steampowered.com done, av/spyware/hjt logs done...

thought might be sound issue, (new 5.1 card) disabled, still crashes on same servers..

SOOOOOO Frustrated... can play some servers but my old fav lists is OUT The window....

HELP PLS ANYONE!!! WILL GIVE FIRST BORN CHILD FOR MORE CS:S PLAY!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If it works on some servers and not others, that leads me to believe that the servers are running some sort of mod or map that isn't one hundred percent compatable. Do you mind listing the servers that work and those that don't?

technolackey

technolackey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
sure, but it should be mentioned that the servers i list for work/dontwork are all i play on a regular basis, and some stopped working.

Working servers:

Steamfriends.com US TX CS:S [No AWP/Auto] ip:66.150.214.120:27015 (some modded maps)
Toronto Darkly ||NoLag__Q4_ ip:76.74.140.82:27015 (lots of modded maps)

non working servers (used to be only servers played..):

Newbie Hash Bar [omegasign] (recruiting) ip: 66.103.21.74:27015 (no mod maps at all)
Vagrant | The Art Of Drowning 24/7 Dust2 ip:12.180.48.14:27016 (speaks for itself)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I don't have any suggestions other than possibly some of the cache data has corrupted. First try defragging your hard drive and then you can even uninstall cs:s and then reinstall and see if that helps.