Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access website

• Please log in to reply

Djay

Djay

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi

I am having difficulty accessing a particular website which I usually visit on a daily basis. I went to visit the site one day as normal only to find it will not load, seemingly for no reason at all. The site is still definitely up and running because I have accessed it from my computer at work and have friends who use it and who are having no problems.

I was advised by a techy friend to clear my web cache and carry out a dns flush in Command Prompt, which I have done but to no avail. I am using Vista and wondered if this is yet another inexplicable random problem to add to the many others I seem to get on a weekly basis since updating from XP. Or am I being harsh? :)

I have tried both Firefox and IE. I have a dynamic IP if that is relevant.

Any help would be great as it is one of my favourite sites and I miss it!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The next question has to be what is the web address of the site in question?