Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell pc wont turn on flashing yellow light

• Please log in to reply

spur

spur

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My dell dimension pc does not turn on yellow light on power switch continues to flash does not turn green there is a light on the mother board, this has all happened since it was turned off with out shutting down can any body help me please. Dimesion 5000 on xp, first time i switched on after turning it off dell sign on mointor came on i went away to make tea came back to flashing light and nothing on screen if you hold the button down it turns off after a few seconds press it again it comes on.

Edited by spur, 12 August 2008 - 03:10 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to supply us with more information, model, operating system, the exact particulars of the situation, and other indications it makes.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Honestly though, flashing amber light means mobo/power supply 99% of the time. You know how flaky those Dell PSUs can be. ;-)

MissWendee

MissWendee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have the same problem but i have an older computer and its a gateway
it was working fine yesterday then when i went to turn it on now it stays with a yellow light only

so what can we do if it the power supply like The Admiral said

Edited by MissWendee, 12 August 2008 - 03:45 PM.

spur

spur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hopefully getting a new one will work, good luck

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
MissWendee,

Please start a new topic in the Hardware, Components, and Peripherals forum. In most cases, a solid yellow light is different from a flashing yellow light, and every situation is different. When you post your new topic, be sure to post your computer model information, as well as what you were doing last with it, when it started, and if you have tried anything. This will help us immensly as we help you in your own topic.

spur,

Are there any numbered lights on the front of the system that come on?