Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer does not shut off, turn on, wireless stops working

• Please log in to reply

muffinpencil

muffinpencil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The title pretty much describes my problem...

My computer sometimes and sometimes will not power on...when it does power on sometimes the wireless pci card will work and sometimes not...sometimes the sound will work and sometimes not...and finally sometimes when i shut down it will and other times everything keeps on humming (although the screen goes black). Sometimes the computer seems to be running perfectly and then the wireless and sound will stop working. I have tried different power supplies and the problem persists. I suspect it is a motherboard issue but any advice would be much appreciated.

Just in case you need my specs: mobo - msi k8n diamond plus, ram - corsair ddr400, proc - amd fx-60, vpu - 8800gts, os - xp-pro sp2

Also the bios and all drivers are up to date.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by muffinpencil, 12 August 2008 - 03:56 PM.

Advertisements