Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website I made (broken of course)

• Please log in to reply

zaphod4242

zaphod4242

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently made a website using html. However now if I attempt to view the website where it is online many of the links and pictures do not work, but they all work if I click "preview in browser" while still in notepad. Since it works "in theory" I know I didn't incorrectly write any of the code and I have checked before to see if all the pictures and files are there and they are linked correctly. I have also tried re-uploading all of the files and that didn't work either. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, I do know that it can be quite picky about capitalization in the files you're linking to. For example. if your code links to picture1.jpg, but the file is picture1.JPG, then the link will appear to be broken. You'd think it wouldn't matter, but I learned this one the hard way. That would be the first thing I would check - that everything matches exactly.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Give a link to your site and I'll analyze your image links, html and CSS coding and let you know something. It's hard to just give you suggestions with what you have posted.

Ron