Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD TV

• Please log in to reply

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hello,

I tried to use my 32" LCD 780p TV as a monitor for my new computer build. However, any words displayed come in fuzzy. I am currently using an S Video cable to connect it. So what kind of cable would you suggest using to overcome this problem? I have 1 S Video slot, and 2 DVI slots, along with 2 DVI to VGA adapters. My TV has Component, Composite, VGA, S Video, and HDMI slots. It has a few other slots, but I don't think they have anything to do with Video.

My concern here is to get a clear picture (no fuzzy letters) at a cheap price, for about 6 to 12 feet depending on what connection I'm using.

Thanks.

Advertisements

jorgehevia

jorgehevia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
dvi-hdmi cable is the way to go.
or alternatively a dvi-hdmi adapter plus a hdmi-hdmi cable.
it is also important to search the tv's OSD menu while receiving the hdmi signal and disable overscanning so that the image fits the native resolution of the tv exactly and you get to see the full picture.

trnstar

trnstar

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
any of the other connections would be better than s-video, EXCEPT the composite cables.