Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply

bazza

bazza

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have Outlook 6 and for some reason the layout for creating mail has changed. Now in the top bar, my address appears instead of the recipients address. How can I change this please.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
When you click on "create mail" a new window opens with the title "new message". The top bar is "To:". Do you see your own address in the "To:" bar when you press "create mail"? What happens when you click "To". Do you have your address book open? Can you choose an address from there? If you can, is the new address added to your own address?

Just want to make sure that I understand the problem.

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
All my bars are making the correct entries. What has changed is that the "to" bar is not on top. My address is in the "from" bar but is in the top bar which previously had my "to" information. This is not a big deal but I found the previous layout..with my contact as top bar was very convienient>

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
That happens when you add another account. When you have more then one mail account Outlook Express opens the "from" line on top with the default account written down. This is done to enable you to choose from which account the letter is sent. This is normal. If you wish to return to the previous layout you must delete accounts in Tools > accounts. Only when you are lwft with one account will the "from" bar disappear and "to" show up at the top.

bazza

bazza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Yay! I have a new phone company and my old email address was still there. I have deleted it and everthing is back to normal now. Many thanks for your time.
Baz

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You are welcome.