Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with copyright

• Please log in to reply

m0nk

m0nk

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys,
Im in the process of building my website..
I was just wanting to know in my links section on my website am i legally allowed to put a link for example kmart and use there logo that when someone clicks it it goes to there website..
thanks guys

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I really don't know why you want to freely advertise K-Mart when you do not benefit from it. Especially when people know how to quickly get to the site via their browsers. To be on the safe side about using the logo, you can contact K-Mart. I doubt if there would be any legal repercussions if you are not profiting from having the K=Mart logo link on your site. Any other use might present problems, but the affiliation with K-Mart may not be appreciated by them.

Ron

m0nk

m0nk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks Major..
I dont want kmart in my links i was just using that as a example..
Im a PC Repairer and i wanted to be able to put in my links companys i reccomend and deal with
would i have to contact the company eg HP to do so?
thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Many companies have a "link to us" code which you can find on their site. If none available, it's always good practice to contact the owner's for permission so they can check out your site to be sure they want to be associated with your site. If you are an authorized repair facility, then I'm sure you will not have any problems and are probably authorized to use their logo links.

I would just always ask as a courtesy and to prevent any legal hassles.

Ron