Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing .inf file

• Please log in to reply

Wooley59

Wooley59

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried to use add,remove Windows components and received error message, unable to find SONIC.INF cannot continue. I have done a search and the file is not on my pc. I think I accidentally removed it when I removed all of the Sonic software from my computer. I have Dell Dimension E510 with Windows XP MCE 2005. It didn't come with an XP Disc. Is there any way to find a copy of this file SONIC.INF.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
What are you attempting to do? If you already removed Sonic, then it most likely took the .inf file.
Are you attempting to remove remnants of soni? A leftover in add/remove? or can you not even get in to add/remove?

Wooley59

Wooley59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to access add,remove Windows components to change some of my programs. Thats when I get the error message. After some online research I think the SONIC.INF file may be part of the the Windows Media Center files and not the Sonic software itself. When I did a search for the SONIC.INF file online the results showed websites explaining how to install Windows MCE on your pc and the SONIC.INF file was mentioned in all of them. I think I deleted it when I was removing all files on my pc assocciated with Sonic, thinking they were part of the Sonic program itself.