Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Router Problem

• Please log in to reply

brett45

brett45

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys! I'm having issues with my new router (Linksys WRT160N). I followed everything on the startup disk, but on the 4th step when I have to plug in the router to power, I get an error that my router isn't connected properly. I have noticed that when I get to step 4, my internet connection changes from connected to trying to find the connection, and then goes to "limited or no connectivity". After this I get an error on the start up disk saying that my router is not connected properly.

I think I know what the problem might be, although I'm not really sure how to fix it. My modem is connected to my computer with a USB cable. When I unplug the USB, my I lose my internet connection, and my Local Area Connection totally disappears from the Network Connections Window. I do have ethernet cables going from my router to my modem (Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem) and my modem to my computer, though. I think I need to transfer the internet connection from the USB to the ethernet, but not sure how. I tried resetting the modem, but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by brett45, 13 August 2008 - 09:48 AM.

Advertisements

brett45

brett45

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone?