Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"My pictures" not working anymore...

• Please log in to reply

Xian120

Xian120

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys,

Hope you can point me in the right direction... I just got rid of Joke Bluescreen 3, and now when I open my "My Pictures" the thumbnail previews are gone, and when I click a picture nothing happens, slideshow won't work either. Music and video work fine but this making me crazy! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Its XP Home... oh, the pics open fine with Picasa and paint....

Thanks
Christian

Advertisements

Xian120

Xian120

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\shimgvw.dll, and then click OK.
3. When you receive a message that resembles the following, click OK:
DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System32\shimgvw.dll succeeded.
4. Close Windows Explorer, and then try to view the picture again.

this fixed it....

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for posting your solution. I'm sure this will help others will similar problem. Great that you got it posted and fixed by yourself within an hour. :)

Ron

Xian120

Xian120

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for posting your solution. I'm sure this will help others will similar problem. Great that you got it posted and fixed by yourself within an hour. :)

Ron

No problem, always glad to help when I can, which when it comes to computers thats not very often. And believe me, it took me almost all night to get rid of that Virus, and a few hours of searching to fix the pic problem.. but all is well now...