Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop wont startup

• Please log in to reply

Getmoney

Getmoney

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a dell Inspiron 3800 and a few weeks ago when ever i tried to start it up a box comes up called winlogon.exe - Unable to locate component and it says This application has failed to start because comdlg32.dll was not found. When i click ok another box comes up named User Interface Failure That says The logon User interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load. and theres a restart button at the bottom of the box and it never gets passed this part when i click restart plz someone help me.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Probably the easist way to try fixing this is to use restore to go back to a date before the problem happened.

If you cannot get to the restore feature the next thing to try is the System file checker at the command prompt.

go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

If you need to get to the command prompt try hitting the F8 key while the computer is booting up.

If you cannot get to the command prompt you will need to use the recovery console from the windows CD.

http://commandwindows.com/recovery.htm
In recovery console you can use the system file checker to repair files.

SRX660

Getmoney

Getmoney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i cant even log on