Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Build. Need Feedback or Recommendations

• Please log in to reply

kfuchs

kfuchs

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
For the last week Ive been working on a build and now I'm pretty much done. So before I place my order I'd like to get as much feedback and recommendations as possible.

The purpose of this comp will be for Gaming and work. I am considering overclocking but will be my first time.
My Budget was around 1500.

Build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-DS3L - $107.99
CPU: Intel E8400 - $169.99
Video Card: GTX 260 - $279.99
Hard Drive: Western Digital 640GB - $84.99
DVD drive: Pioneer 20X - $30.99
Case: Antex 300 - $59.99
Power Supply: Corsair 650W - $109.99 ($89.99 after rebate)
RAM: GSkill 2x2gb - $94.99
Monitor: 22" Samsung T220 - $319.99
Heatsink: XIGMATEK - $36.99
Thermal Compound: OCZ Freeze - $6.99
Total: $1302.89

I could use some speakers as well if anyone has any suggestions.
Also mouse and keyboard.

So please leave as much feedback as you can :) Thank You.

Specail thanks to kamille316 for pretty much building the hole thing for me :) thanks.

Edited by kfuchs, 13 August 2008 - 04:22 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi kfuchs,

How much are you willing to spend on the speaker?

For keyboard and mouse, I think its subjective, I currently have the Logitech G15 2nd Gen and the Logitech MX518 and I love it however my brother hates them and he got the Razer Lycosa and the Razer Deathadder. I like the feel of the keys on the Razer Lycosa however the touch pad/media button's I've heard to not work properly. I've also heard people getting the Saitek keyboard. If there's a local computer store near you, I suggest paying them a visit and try out their keyboard/mouse to get a feel to it and just buy it online if that's the cheaper option.

Kamille

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Just a comment about mice and mousepads, there have been numerous complaints about having a Razer DA with a QcK mousepad. The Razer DA's laser does not work properly with the surface of any of the SteelSeries mousepads, so I'd advise not to get a Razer DA and a QcK. I currently have a Ms 1.1a and a QcK+ as well as a QcK Heavy, and I find it works wonders.