Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my first build.need advice please

• Please log in to reply

bonzx

bonzx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Case.Thermaltake VH600LBWS Armor+ Full-Tower ATX Case with Liquid Cooling
Mobo.XFX nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 790i, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID
Hard Drives.5 Samsung HD103UJ SpinPoint F 1TB Hard Drive - 7200, 32MB, SATA-300
Ram. 2 Corsair 4096MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) Makeing it 8 gigs of ram in the comp
Video card. EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Video Card SSC Edition, 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, FREE Special Edition EVGA Precision Overclocking Utility, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV
Monitar. Gateway XHD3000 30-inch Widescreen LCD Display - 6ms, 400 nits, 1000:1, 2560x1600(Dual-link DVI), 1920x1200 (Single-link DVI), Anti-glare Coating, VGA, DVI, HDCP, HDMI, Component, 2.5mm IR Blaster
Sound card.Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Fatality Platinum
Cpu. Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Processor BX80569QX9650A - 45nm, 3.0GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield XE, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket 775, Processor with Fan
OS.Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 - DVD
Psu. Ultra X3 ULT40070 1600-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy Efficient, Modular
cd/dvd drives.. AOpen COM5232PA DVD-ROM Combo Drive - 52x32x CD-R/RW, 16x DVD-ROM
Blue ray drive.Pioneer BDC-2202B Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Combo Drive SATA
Nic Card. D-Link DWA-556 PCIe Wireless Network Adapter - 300Mbps, 802.11n (Draft N), PCI-Express
Speakers. Logitech Z-5500 THX Certified 5.1 505-watt Dolby Digital & DTS Hardware Decoding Speaker System

now this is a build i have in mind,but if i can get the same preformence fore less money,i am all ears :).thanks fore any help

Edited by bonzx, 13 August 2008 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I have heard (I think from someone here) that Liquid Cooling that comes with that case is not very good and you're probably asking for problems there, it is advisable to make or pick out better parts for Liquid Cooling. Some of our techs here can help you better on picking out parts for Liquid Cooling.

I also suggest Home Premium than the Ultimate, here's a comparison chart so you understand the features that's not included in Home Premium. Home Premium is around $100.

For a CD/DVD drive, I always recommend the Pioneer drive unless there's features you really want with that AOpen.

For the PSU, I don't trust Ultra and there are better makers than them, I suggest something like Corsair 1000HX, Silverstone Zeus 1200W, or the Silverstone 1200W. Corsair, Silverstone, PC Power & Cooling, Antec are a few good ones to choose from.

I'm not sure with the rest.
Also note that Intel will be releasing a new CPU by the end of this year or early next year called Nehalem. This CPU will not have the same socket like before (the LGA775).

What are your uses for this computer?

bonzx

bonzx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
gameing pc 95% of the time

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts